At the Kansas City Eye Clinic we are closely following the recommended guidelines from the CDC, KDHE, and AAO for COVID-19.
Precautions we are taking:
- We are asking any non-urgent patients to reschedule. We will continue to see only eye emergencies.
- You MUST have an appointment to enter the clinic. No one will be allowed in the building without an appointment.
- If you do have an appointment, we are asking that you only bring one (1) person with you in order to follow social distancing guidelines.
- We also ask that when you arrive and checkout, that you keep yourself at least 6 feet from anyone around you.
- We may also ask your visitor to wait in the car while you are being seen/treated. We can take their cell phone number if you need assistance when the appointment is over.
- We are asking that all contact lens orders be direct shipped. Shipping will be free on a minimum 2 box order. We are no longer allowing contact lens pick-up for supply or samples/trials. We will not ship samples/trials.
- We are cleaning exam rooms and common surfaces and areas between each patient.
We will also be screening patients at the front door:
- Cough or Shortness of Breath
- Fever now or in the past 24 hours
- Traveled internationally, on a cruise of any type, on Spring Break, visited Washington State, California, New York, Colorado (Summit, Eagle, Pitkin, or Gunnison counties) or Florida
- Been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
If you have an eye emergency and answered “yes” to any of the above, please call 913-341-3100 so we can advise you.
Please call the KDHE if you are experiencing any symptoms: