At the Kansas City Eye Clinic we are closely following the recommended guidelines from the CDC, KDHE, and AAO for COVID-19.
We will send out a reminder of your appointment and call to confirm the day prior to the appointment. Since we have limited appointments in our clinic, we will be charging a $30 late cancellation and no show fee if you fail to show up for your appointment to call to cancel at least 24 hours prior to the appointment.
Precautions we are taking:
- Limiting the number of patients in the clinic and limiting the number of appointments per day.
- EVERYONE MUST WEAR A MASK OR FACE COVERING. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE GIVEN.
- You MUST have an appointment to enter the clinic. No one will be allowed in the building without an appointment. This includes Optical, you will not be allowed to browse or have a consultation without an appointment with an Optician or within our clinic.
- If you do have an appointment, we are asking that you do not bring anyone with you in order to follow social distancing guidelines.
- We also ask that when you arrive and checkout, that you keep yourself at least 6 feet from anyone around you.
- We will ask any visitors with you to wait in the car while you are being seen/treated. We can take their cell phone number if you need assistance when the appointment is over.
- We are asking that all contact lens orders be direct shipped. Shipping will be free on a minimum 2 box order.
- We are providing curbside pickup for trials and samples of contacts and retail items only.
- We are cleaning exam rooms and common surfaces and areas between each patient.
We will also be screening patients at the front door and taking temperatures:
- Cough or Shortness of Breath
- Fever now or in the past 24 hours
- Any other symptoms associated with COVID-19 listed on CDC website
- Traveled internationally, on a cruise of any type, visited hot spots like Washington State, California, New York, Colorado, New Jersey, Louisiana, Florida, Illinois, Connecticut
- Been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or someone in your household has been in contact with a positive COVID-19 case.
Please call the KDHE if you are experiencing any symptoms: